Sunday, May 16, 2010

Teachers Day - Happy?

Almost forget today is Teachers Day. Nothing about it in the TV or the supermarket. Only Mother's Day offer ... what the taukehs do not have teachers in their life. Just to show how insignificant are their teachers. Got la celebrations but in Ministry level and pity those teachers forced to volunteer to attend the ceremony. At least declare tomorrow as a holiday mah...

Received a nice poem from Mr Lee Chiah Kuen

Teachers are
like rainbows - they colour the sky
like rain that soak the earth giving life to the greens
like the air that we breath and warm sunlight on our skin
like the shining stars plastered across the black velvety universe
and like beautiful flowers that bloom with each new day.
Teachers are indeed very special people
That's what you and I are

Thanks Mr Lee, but I had another version that sounds like this

Teachers are
like rainbows - they give you false hope (say that there is pot of gold at the end of the rainbow)
like rain that soak the earth drowning the creativity in you with rules and regulation
like the air that we breath that pollutes and clouded the mind with syllabus and formula
like the shining stars that are not bright enough to light up your life
and like beautiful flowers that will wilt and would not last a day
Now, are Teachers that really special?
Well, we still need them as punching bags and spring boards
to be left behind after we had leaped to our successes
That's what you and I are
kts  2010

8 comments:

  1. kenape 2nd poem so negative 1? Happy teacher's day, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beg to disagree with you.
    First poem is to syiok sendiri as people said.
    Second poem is the reality.. Just read what Einstein said on the header of this blog... see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! sir, you are really innovative. nice poem. hehehe~ happy teacher's day sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Teacher's day, sir! (sorry that I am late .. =P)
    Oh? Just ministry level? I thought our school also got celebration for teachers, isn't it?
    The two poems are such a great contrast...anyway, maybe your poem might be true, but I think many of us do think that teachers are special, and your efforts in teaching are much appreciated~so, cheer up~ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks LJ, school got celebrate but in June I think .. like celebrate mother's day in June or valentine day in June la...

    Oh by the way I am not down, just that sometimes teachers think that they themselves are the greatest people of all, so I just want to have another story on the other side of the coin...

    But I know I got students (mostly ex one not live one) who appreciate those that taught them, just like I appreciate all my teachers who had taught me and the students that I "torture" them lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your point, the difference between syiok sendiri and cruel cold truth of reality.

    By the way, just want to ask. If education is what remains after one has forgotten everything learnt in school, then what would you call the initial material that is taught in school in the first place? :P

    ligzhi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your poem, especially the part "like the air that we breath that pollutes and clouded the mind with syllabus and formula"...
    It's the truth. ;)
    Anyway, wish you "Happy Teacher's Day" :D
    Thank you Sir!

    ReplyDelete